Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Before it gets better.....

UGH!!!!

Have you ever heard people say that "it always gets worse before it gets better"? Well, if you haven't, you have now. And this applies to my situation.

Here is a rundown:

More car repairs
Getting informed that interest rate is being increased

Need I say more? UGH!!!

Well, to all of this I say "I will not give up! I am determined and I will prevail!"

Now I just need to find a way to bring in some extra income. I have been scouring Craigslist and do you realize how many scams are out there. They are just lurking around waiting for someone to take the bait. They place a very promising add to get you hooked, and then they want you to pay them!!!! Well, this "cookie" is too smart to fall for that! But what I would like to know is where are all of the legitimate telecommuting jobs? Are they out there? Anyone? Help!

My positive note for the day is that I have been finding more ways to be frugal. My newest thing is that I have set my thermostat 2 degrees lower than usual. My family has not noticed at all. They use blankets a lot, but they have said nothing! People coming over to my house on the other hand is another story! They think my house is cold. Not unbearable, but cold! To that I say to myself "they are only visiting, they can go to their own toasty home soon!" I also remind myself that our grandparents and great grandparents lived in colder draftier houses than we do, so I will not complain. Not sure yet how much this will save, but I will let you know when I compare the heating bill from last year to this one.

One other thing I have been doing is putting leftovers in the freezer. We rarely eat the leftovers before they go bad. This way we will have a smorgasborg a couple of nights a month and the choices will be wonderful!!!

What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment